We are excited to announce the release of v4.3 today.
Main focus: The main focus of v4.3 was in 3 areas:
- Raising flexibility and productivity of test configuration and scripting;
- Increasing application performance visibility and reporting customization;
- Broadening the range of web frameworks and enterprise applications supported out-of-the-box.
Here are several examples showing the advantages of the new version. In the previous versions, designing a test required to use two partial object trees. In the new version they are consolidated to a single test case tree that supports multiple hierarchical levels of pages, transactions, loops and other objects. Multiple Undo/Redo functionality was added. It substantially increased test design comfort and productivity and simplified test configuration management. Session comparison control and scripting control were totally redesigned to provide more functionality, flexibility, and an enterprise look and feel.
Another breakthrough in the new version is the ability to quickly discover application performance errors that previously were invisible. Now you can compare recorded test case sessions with the session replayed by any virtual user during the test execution. This enables you to quickly identify unusual patterns. Furthermore, with a few clicks you can create custom validators to monitor those patterns in the subsequent test runs for more precise performance error troubleshooting.
What's New: Here are the main v4.3 highlights:
- A consolidated test case tree replaced two partial trees and simplified scripting.
- Support for nested transactions, loops and pages with unrestricted parent-child relationship.
- Multiple Undo/Redo of all changes.
- All new recorded / replayed session comparing control with text auto-aligning.
- Simplified error discovery and validator creation.
- Better multi-test case manageability.
- All new rich scripting control.
- Expanded scripting API.
- Optimized autocorrelation.
- Jmeter test import.
- Monitoring passed / failed iterations, transactions and pages.
- Thresholds for KPI.
- 40% more performance metrics on the reports.
- Better test results manageability (annotation, sorting).
- External Report customization.
- Compare transaction and page response times across multiple tests.
LOAD TEST SCALING:
- 64-bit version.
- Increased Load generator scalability.
Many other enhancements and fixes.
Over 70 features were added in all. The complete release notes start here: v4.3 - INTRO
Backward compatibility: V4.3 is designed to be backward compatible. Forward compatibility is not guaranteed. If you decided to go back to v4.2, make sure to keep the previous copies of the tests or save the v4.3 test under a different name.
Licensing: After installation, v4.3 will honor your existing license. If you have a commercial or trial license for earlier versions, then after installing v4.3 your current number of licensed VUs will be unlocked automatically without activation.
Still evaluating StresStimulus? Your evaluation license is automatically transferred to the new version.
Upgrades: All Full license holders with a current maintenance contract will receive v4.3 free of charge.
Beta Expiration: If you installed the beta, it will expire in the next several weeks. You can replace it with the production version, available immediately.
To navigate to other parts of the v4.3 release notes, click the links below:
4.3 is available here
Have questions? Here's how to contact
Contact Us form
Or click on “Need Help” in the bottom right corner of StresStimulus.