Think you found a bug? Report it here.

StresStimulus .csv file reference stuck. Messages in this topic - RSS

DSF
DSF

11/15/2023
DSF
DSF
Version 5.8.8685 x64 CLR 4.0

I created a .csv with a bunch of test users and passwords to use but I forgot to add the domain column. When I tried to import the file under authentication I ran into the exception below.

StresStimulus has encountered an unexpected error while processing the following .csv file:
{0}

Error Details: The file must have 3 columns: Domain, UserName and Password.

I then edited the .csv file and added the Domain column, saved it and tried to import the file again however I get the same error.
I then closed the test case and re-opened it and tried again but still get the same error.
I then renamed the csv file with the 3 required columns to a different name and tried to import that with the same error reported.
I then closed the StresStimulus application itself, re-opened it, opened the test case and tried to import the .csv file with the same error reported.
As a sanity check I created a new .csv with the three required columns (but no entries) and tried to import that. This time SS complains that the file has no data. Good. Then I try and import the original updated .csv file and we are back at the "File must have 3 columns" error.

It appears that StresStimulus does not forget of refresh a .csv file once imported, even after the application has been restarted.

Not knowing what else to do I rebooted the host but still the problem persist.
I then resorted to creating a totally new .csv with the required columns and entries but still the error persists.

What to do?

Please investigate this issue.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/15/2023
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Looks like StresStimulus does not recognize the .csv file as having at least 3 columns.
To make sure the .csv file is correctly formed, open it in Excel and verify there are, in fact, 3 columns.
If you are still having issues importing the data, as a workaround, you may copy the data from Excel into the clipboard and paste it into the Authentication grid.
You can also schedule a support session (if you have Premium support), and your support rep will address this issue.

- Cheers
0 link
DSF
DSF

11/16/2023
DSF
DSF
Hi George,
I have recreated the csv several times using different names and containing the required 3 columns complete with data with the same outcome.
Have booked a support session later my day today. Will try the copy and paste the in meantime.
0 link
DSF
DSF

11/16/2023
DSF
DSF
This applies only to importing a .csv file in the authentication step. Importing as a dataset works as expected.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/16/2023
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thank you for the update.
I retested importing a.csv file in the authentication step with a few values and cannot replicate the issue.
Your support rep will figure out the issue and give you the solution.

-Cheers
0 link
DSF
DSF

11/17/2023
DSF
DSF
We found the issue to be related to the CSV file being semi colon delimited not colon delimited. When saving an Excel spreadsheet as a csv file the default delimiter is semi colon. This throws the Authentication dataset off when importing the csv file, unlike the Datasets import where one can define the delimiter type on import.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/20/2023
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thank you for your update!
We will add support for the “;” separator in CSV files for importing to the Authentication dataset in the v5.9 release scheduled for next month. I will post here when it is available in the public beta.

- Cheers
0 link
DSF
DSF

11/21/2023
DSF
DSF
Thanks George, Much appreciated. StresStimulus is getting slicker by the day!
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/13/2023
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Quick update. This feature was developed and released in v5.9 beta as described here: https://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc59/Import+authentication+data.
Now, you can select the delimiter in CSV files and import Excel files, SQL Server tables, or data from an ODBC source.
The beta can be downloaded from here: https://www.stresstimulus.com/download. It will be released in production at the end of the month.

Thanks again for this feature suggestion!

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology