HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Sharing extractors between test cases Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

3/19/2019
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I have a question regarding Test Case Groups.

If I were to reCan you please let us know where i can find the option to set the required number of virtual users for a particular test case to execute while doing the distributed load test.
That means TC1, TC2 AND TC3 i want it to run for 33, 62, and 78 virtual users respectively.
I observed mix weight property but it is based on the ratio proportion which automatically distributes the user load. I want the number of users to be set for the distributed testing manually to whatever number we want.
cord two test cases:
Recording of Test Case 1. Adding contact info to Jim
Recording of Test Case 2. Make a phone call from contact list to Jim
and then put them into test case group 1, is it going to retrieve the data from test case 1 to be used in test case 2?

Or would we have to:
Test Case 1. Add contact info to Jim
Test Case 2. Add contact info to Jim and then make a phone call
And then run them in test case group 1?

We’ve read http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc50/Sequential+Test+Case+Groups, however, it doesn’t specify if the first scenario would be possible.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

3/19/2019
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Test case groups execute several test cases sequentially. However, because each of these TC can also run independently outside the test group, you can’t take extractors from TC1 and use them to create parameters in TC2.

On the other hand, datasets are shared between all test cases. So if you can make a dataset that contains all the information necessary to parameterize contact info to Jim and to make a phone call, then you should be able to execute a test group consisting of:
- TC1. Adding contact info to Jim
- TC2. Make a phone call from contact list to Jim

Another option would be recording TC3 consisting of the TC1 steps followed by TC2 steps. It will enable you to use the same extractors across all sessions
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology