HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Parameterizing a query string with a dataset Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

6/6/2013
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
This question was originally posted by  Shasha Han  in this post. It was reposted here to create  a separate thread, to make it easier for the Community to find it. 

If I run a simple test, just login and load default page. There is one request, the path and query part is:
/ClientBin/UniteamTransportSystems-Web-UniteamService.svc/binary/GetUserDefaultDataSettings UserID=124&IncludeEmptyDataDefaults=false
When I record, the userID I used is 124.
Then I prepared 10 users with different userID. After I run Ten users for Ten durations. I generated report. I found in the test result, this query is still
UserID=124&IncludeEmptyDataDefaults=false
It didn't show the userID it retrived from DataSets.
Actually, I checked VU one by one, the session is correct, they used expected UserID when sending request, my question is only about test result, it leads me to the way that all my testings are using same userID. I'm not sure if it's by designed or my configuration is not correctly.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/6/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
You need to create (a) a dataset and (b) a corresponding parameter, as follows:
a). Create a dataset,  (e.g. UserIDTable) with a single column (e.g. UserID).
b) Click the Parameters node. Then select the Url and Query tab. Find the UserId query parameter and set its Replace With value to the dataset, as shown below

0 link
Shasha Han
Shasha Han

6/7/2013
Shasha Han
Shasha Han
Hi, Thank you for replying my question.
I have created Dataset with correct parameter. For example, I prepared five different userID(like 1,2,3,4,5). After it run finished, I generate report. I noticed that my test result show the query as this:
/ClientBin/UniteamTransportSystems-Web-UniteamService.svc/binary/GetUserDefaultDataSettings UserID=124&IncludeEmptyDataDefaults=false
userID 124 is the one which I used when I record scenario. However, when I start to run the load test, I have given up userID 124 and use 1,2,3,4,5, like my dataset defined. My question is is it correct to show userID124 in my test result report? Do I missed steps to config since I didn't use userID124 for my load test, can I see the request query with userid1,2,3,4,5 on my test result report?
Thank you.

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

7/6/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
After you parameterized this request with the dataset, it became dynamic. So, every VU will issue this request with a different parameter value from the dataset.
After the test is complete, the Request Details grid combines all replayed instances of this request to aggregate its performance metrics. Such metrics are reported on a single line that is identified with the recorded URL which in your case will be "… userID 124…". This is normal.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology