HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Multiple test cases Messages in this topic - RSS

Charles Durrant
Charles Durrant

9/27/2012
Charles Durrant
Charles Durrant
Hi,

I noted the multiple test case feature. I see that a test file can contain many individual test cases but does it do the following:

Let's say I have the following test cases:

1) Login
2) Logout
3) Add record
4) Delete record
4) Search records

I would like to not duplicate code so I'd like to have a 'test case' that runs other test cases sequentially i.e.

a)  1 - Login, 2 Add Record, 3 Logout
b)  1- Login, 2 Delete Record, 3 Logout
c) 1 - Login, 2 Search Records, 3 Logout

With the above my login and logout cases are never duplicated and if the site login changes I only have to change the test case logic in one place?

I'm a little confused by the muliple test case feature, it seems that it is smply a container for test cases - I'm probably being very stupid and not understanding it...!

Charlie

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/27/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Charlie,
Currently, multiple test cases are used mainly to emulate different categories of users, concurrently accessing a website. For example, in an e-commerce website, the 1-st category is the shoppers browsing the catalog, and the 2-nd category is  the shoppers placing orders. StresStimulus will mix test cases by executing them concurrently.
What you need, is a sequential execution of the test cases. Such mix model is not supported yet, and will be developed in the future. I actually posted this feature request to the "Suggestions & Feature Requests" forum.
For now, I can offer you a workaround that can help to avoid repetitive recording of the user actions that you want to reuse in multiple tests.

1. Record several scenarios (e.g. Add record, Delete record, Search records, etc.) as separate test and save the sets of sessions that you wish to reuse, as separate saz files.

2. Then, create a Test that includes only login and logout steps. Make several copies, as it will be used as a base test for your future tests.

3. After that, open a base test, open required saz file in the Fiddler and drag-and-drop saz sessions to the base test as described in the item 9 of this post http://www.stresstimulus.com/blog/post/what-s-new-in-v1-7

I know that this is not exactly what you want, but this hint can save you time to configure multiple tests.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
Chandu
Chandu

12/4/2012
Chandu
Chandu

We are also interest in same scenario you are facing can you pls let me know whether it was possible to acheive the requirement using the above steps.

Vadim Kleyzit said:
Charlie,
Currently, multiple test cases are used mainly to emulate different categories of users, concurrently accessing a website. For example, in an e-commerce website, the 1-st category is the shoppers browsing the catalog, and the 2-nd category is  the shoppers placing orders. StresStimulus will mix test cases by executing them concurrently.
What you need, is a sequential execution of the test cases. Such mix model is not supported yet, and will be developed in the future. I actually posted this feature request to the "Suggestions & Feature Requests" forum.
For now, I can offer you a workaround that can help to avoid repetitive recording of the user actions that you want to reuse in multiple tests.

1. Record several scenarios (e.g. Add record, Delete record, Search records, etc.) as separate test and save the sets of sessions that you wish to reuse, as separate saz files.

2. Then, create a Test that includes only login and logout steps. Make several copies, as it will be used as a base test for your future tests.

3. After that, open a base test, open required saz file in the Fiddler and drag-and-drop saz sessions to the base test as described in the item 9 of this post http://www.stresstimulus.com/blog/post/what-s-new-in-v1-7

I know that this is not exactly what you want, but this hint can save you time to configure multiple tests.

Cheers,
-Vadim

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology