HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Credential problems getting into Microsoft CRM Messages in this topic - RSS

Alex
Alex

12/21/2017
Alex
Alex
We are evaluating this tool for use in doing load testing with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The problem seems to be where StresStimulus is obtaining the logon credentials.
This is what occurs;
1. I go to record a test via the tool.
2. The URL is entered and it goes to the correct Microsoft Dynamics 365 logon screen.
3. I have multiple userids who can access the Microsoft Dynamics site (BTW, I have all my Security - User Authorization setting set to "Prompt for Userid and Password")
4. I select one of the userids I have available to me and enter it into the logon screen (this is different from the userid I have logged onto my Windows 7 system with). These are generic test Ids that have the appropriate security access to our in-house application built in Microsoft Dynamics.
5. Once one of the userids are selected for the Microsoft Dynamics signon screen this gets validated and should proceed to our in-house built application signon screen. However the userid and password that gets passed to seems to be the one that I signed onto the Windows 7 Machine and get the following message

6. Inspecting the code I find that in the "login.microsoftonline.com/common/userrealm" is pointing to my system userid rather than the one I initially selected.
Question:
Is there a way to bypass this and if so how is this accomplished. If further clarification is required let me know.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/21/2017
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Alex,

I wonder where did you set up - "Prompt for Userid and Password". I assume that it was done in IE > Internet options > Security tab > Internet zone is selected > custom level… button > user authentication logon option > "Prompt for user name and password"

The reason why this settings does not work during recording and the login dialog is not presented, is because IE communicates with your application and via StresStimulus recording proxy which is located on the same machine. Therefore the recorded traffic is not qualified as Internet zone traffic.

To fix it, try the following:

1. Create the same - "Prompt for user name and password" setting in the Local Intranet zone

2. Select Local Intranet > Sites > Advanced > Add, and add localhost to the Local Intranet zone

After that try recording your scenario again. Login box should appear. Use one of the credentials that can access the Microsoft Dynamics site.

-Cheers
0 link
Derek Pool
Derek Pool

1/3/2018
Derek Pool
Derek Pool
Alex,
I had the exact same problem, albeit with a different application. It only affected my ability to record. To specify the userid you want to use with when recording, pre-set it in the control panel of windows, look for credential manager.
Good luck
0 link
Alex
Alex

1/16/2018
Alex
Alex
Already did that George, Derek's solution was just the ticket.

Thanks for everyones help!

Alex
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology