1. Support for multiple selections and group delete operations on the object trees. Previously, objects on any object tree could be deleted only one at a time. Now you can select multiple objects by clicking while holding Ctrl or Shift key. After that the all can be deleted once. This is a time-saving feature when you need to delete multiple selected sessions, pages, or extractors.
2. Description property is extended. On property grids support is added for the "text area" datatype. It is used for properties which require a long multiline description.
3. In Session Inspector, identify a session origin. The toolbar displays a label indicating whether the session was recorded or replayed (see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Inspecting+Sessions)
4. When saving test result, a progress bar is displayed. This is especially helpful when saving large tests.
5. Dynatrace Integration. Dynatrace is a Compuware Application Performance Management (APM) suite. When Dynatrace Integration is turned on, StresStimulus includes in HTTP requests additional data to correlate client requests with the server-side code analysis. This gives performance engineers more information to optimize application responsiveness under load, when performance issues are maximally exposed. Dynatrace Integration is described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Dynatrace+Integration
6. Import HTTP archive (.har) format. Now you can open session file in HAR format and import it as a test case, as described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Creating+Multiple+Test+Cases HAR format is owned by W3C and is adopted by all major web browsers and many web metering and performance tools, listed here http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/har-adopters
7. Export HTTP archive (.har) format. Test case sessions can be exported as an HTTP archive (.har) as described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Exporting+a+Test+Cases
8. Added support for Oracle ADF version 12.1.3 by auto-correlating ORA_ADF_VIEW_REDIRECT and ORA_ADF_VIEW_LOOPBACK_ID cookies
9. Added support for GWT framework http://www.gwtproject.org
10. The initial default timeout value was changed from 120 sec to 60 seconds for all pages.
11. Transaction name uniqueness across multiple test cases is no longer required. Before a transaction name within a test, had to be unique. When importing a test case with transactions that has no unique names, then such transactions were not imported. Also, when cloning test cases a transaction and conflict could occur. This limitation is no longer applicable.
12. Default sample rate was changed from 5 sec to 1 sec. It means that more data-points will appear on all graphs.
To navigate to other parts of the v4.2 release notes, click the links below:
4.2 is available here