HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

What is use of Description of test step Messages in this topic - RSS

vivek goyal
vivek goyal

9/3/2015
vivek goyal
vivek goyal
Hi,

I want to know about test step description. Is this information will be used for usability only or we can use it somewhere else as well like in reporting etc. to make it more understandable.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/3/2015
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
What is test step? Do you mean test run?
If this is the case, then yes, it is displayed in the test summary to annotate the report and make it easier to read.

Cheers,
-Max
0 link
vivek goyal
vivek goyal

9/7/2015
vivek goyal
vivek goyal
Max, i mean that under test case settings, i gave description to transaction name like For launch transaction i gavedescription as launch browser and for login transaction i gave description : login into application. So can we see this description in summary report or it is for script maintenance purpose only.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/8/2015
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Vivek,
Currently, the transaction summary report includes transaction name, but missing transaction description. We will add the description in one of the future builds (I added this feature request here). Thank you for pointing this out.
In the meantime, I can offer you a workaround. The transaction name can have up to 62 characters, so you can rename your transactions to "launch browser" and "login into application" to displays them in the summer report. 
Will this work for you for now?

Cheers,
-Max

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology