HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Parameterization query Messages in this topic - RSS

Chris
Chris

3/24/2011
Chris
Chris
Hi,
We have been really interested in the StresStimulus plugin, it works really well for most scenarios and it has been a joy to use.

However, I have started working with the Parameterization feature, to load-test data entry sections of an application.

Firstly, I am unsure how the ramping is affecting the Virtual Users Parameters as it cycles through the iterations. I am assuming from the results we have, that on the first iteration, VU1 is active, on the second iteration VU1 and VU2 are active, and so on.

Is it the case that Parameterization uses each data row for each VU, whereas for testing data-entry in the scenario of unique logins, ideally each data row is used only once, not on every iteration? This would be a great feature to understand and control. Envisage the scenario where unique logins are required - each line of the parameters list will only be allowed once per testing run.

Secondly, following on, at present we are a little unsure how well this feature is working, and would really appreciate a session log to review the requests it is generating. This would be with an aim to compare client requests to server logs.

For example, I have configured a session with ten Virtual Users, and created a list of ten Parameterization entries. However, the tested application rarely records all of these especially if the Step Duration is short, and it would be a nice feature to see how this is behaving and responding with HTTP status codes.

Many thanks for your time and efforts,
Chris
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology