HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

VU different ip's x RPC Stack Messages in this topic - RSS

Diogo Gomes
Diogo Gomes

11/27/2013
Diogo Gomes
Diogo Gomes
Dear Support,

I have facing a problem with test. I have a system that uses webmethods and the RPC identifies that the source is the same and starts to make stack of process, increasing the webmethods time as soon I have more than 1 user.

How can I simulate that the VU is coming from "different" sources or ip's or equipments?

Atte.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/27/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hello Atte,

If your question is about IP spoofing, then, unfortunately, StresStimulus does not support spoofing the IP address by virtual users yet. Typically, IP spoofing is needed to test the performance of a web farm with a load balancer. While IP spoofing is not supported directly, the workaround is to use multiple agents, as each of them will have a different IP address. For example, to test a web farm with 4 servers you need to install StresStimulus on a controller and 3 agents. Also if the load balancer is configured to use cookie-based session affinity (or sticky sessions), then StresStimulus will out-of-the-box load test your load balancer properly because it supports a unique session for every virtual user.
If your RPC identifies a user session by a token, and this token was not autocorrelated by StresStimulus, then possibly it can be parameterized to address the issue. We can assist you with parameterization.

-Vadim
0 link
Diogo Gomes
Diogo Gomes

11/27/2013
Diogo Gomes
Diogo Gomes
Exactly that the problem. If we can parametrize the RPC by Session token and it is possible to configure, how can I do that?
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/27/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
I've sent you a link for scheduling  a web support session at convenient times. You can also email to support@stimulustechnology.com and let them know when you're available for a web session. We will assist you with your test configuration.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology