Think you found a bug? Report it here.

Installer Error Messages in this topic - RSS

Ian Fraser
Ian Fraser

2/7/2011
Ian Fraser
Ian Fraser
***Resolved***
Install fails on Windows 64 bit with the following error.

Fidller installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2

Is there any way to manually install this?

Ian

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path1

at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)

at StresStimulusInstaller.Utils.GetFiddlerFullPath()

at StresStimulusInstaller.Form1.checkFiddlerInstalled()

at StresStimulusInstaller.Form1.installBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

StresStimulusInstaller

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ifraser/Downloads/StresStimulusInstaller.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/7/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Ian, we are looking into this. Will get back to you shortly.
-Vadim
0 link
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett

2/7/2011
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett
I have the same problem. Looks like the GetFiddlerFullPath method is hardcoded to look in 'Program Files' rather than ascertain whether it should be 'Program Files (86)' or not. At worst it could prompt to input the Fiddler path if not found rather than just bomb out.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon as it looks like a great tool.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/7/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Joe,
Thanks for complementing StresStimulus.  
You are close. GetFiddlerFullPath method looks in the registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fiddler2 key and reads the InstallPath value.  For x64 users this value is in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Fiddler2.

Ian, Joe
The full fix will be in the next version, which will be released later this week.  In the mean time we posted a link to download the Alpha ( the link in no longer needed since the fix is included into the official version).
It should install on 64-bit. The Alpha has a few new features that are not fully tested yet, such as Key Indicators graph and an option to add fewer load test sessions to Fiddler for better performance and faster testing.

If you choose to install the Alpha and find any issues, please feel free post it here

Thanks,
-Vadim
0 link
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett

2/8/2011
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett
Greta, well the alpha installed, I'll let you know how I get on.

Vadim Kleyzit said:
Joe,
Thanks for complementing StresStimulus.  
You are close. GetFiddlerFullPath method looks in the registry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fiddler2 key and reads the InstallPath value.  For x64 users this value is in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Fiddler2.

Ian, Joe
The full fix will be in the next version, which will be released later this week.  In the mean time we posted a link to download the Alpha http://www.stresstimulus.com/genericerror.aspx
It should install on 64-bit. The Alpha has a few new features that are not fully tested yet, such as Key Indicators graph and an option to add fewer load test sessions to Fiddler for better performance and faster testing.

If you choose to install the Alpha and find any issues, please feel free post it here

Thanks,
-Vadim

0 link
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett

2/8/2011
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett
Just run a simple test case and all worked well. For simple load tests it's a useful tool but I need to be able to parameterise requests for more realistic scenarios.
0 link
Ian Fraser
Ian Fraser

2/8/2011
Ian Fraser
Ian Fraser
The Alpha installed successfully, I'll let you know how I get on.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/8/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks

Ian Fraser said:
The Alpha installed successfully, I'll let you know how I get on.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/9/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
We were thinking of adding parametrization. I am glad you mentioned it, thus we will look into it rather sooner. Once features already in the pipeline completed, we will take the first crack at it. Would it be all right if at that time I will ask you to take a look at the alpha and let me know if it helps with your scenarios?

Joe Fawcett said:

Just run a simple test case and all worked well. For simple load tests it's a useful tool but I need to be able to parameterise requests for more realistic scenarios.
0 link
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett

2/9/2011
Joe Fawcett
Joe Fawcett
I'd be happy to. I could write a Fiddler script to intercept the request and add parameters in theory, but it would be nicer if I could do it from the StresStimulus tab. Needs to be able to read such things as usernames/passwords from various types of Datasets.

Vadim Kleyzit said:
We were thinking of adding parametrization. I am glad you mentioned it, thus we will look into it rather sooner. Once features already in the pipeline completed, we will take the first crack at it. Would it be all right if at that time I will ask you to take a look at the alpha and let me know if it helps with your scenarios?

Joe Fawcett said:

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/9/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks, Joe. We should be able to support parameterization for scenarios like the one you described. 

Cheers,
-Vadim

P.S. I will copy this part of the thread to “Suggestions & Feature Requests” Forum, so folks can easier find it.

Joe Fawcett said:
I'd be happy to. I could write a Fiddler script to intercept the request and add parameters in theory, but it would be nicer if I could do it from the StresStimulus tab. Needs to be able to read such things as usernames/passwords from various types of Datasets.

Vadim Kleyzit said:

Joe Fawcett said:

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

3/1/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Joe,

The parametrization is implemented in the alpha that can be downloaded from here.  I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
-Vadim

Joe Fawcett said:

Vadim Kleyzit said:

Joe Fawcett said:

0 link
Nick
Nick

10/12/2011
Nick
Nick
I'm exeriencing a similar problem with v1.1.  After installing Fiddler with the default settings on Windows 7 64bit, I recieve a StresStimulus Installation Error message prompting me that Fiddler needs to be installed.

'We could not find Fiddler on your computer.  Install Fiddler from http://www.fiddler2.com, and then install StresStimulus.  Would you like to navigate to the Fiddler site now?'

I'm excited about trying this tool out, if there is a way to install it on Windows 7 64bit.  Are there any workarounds I could try?

Thanks,
-Nick
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

10/12/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
The issues is confirmed and fixed. Please reinstall from http://www.stresstimulus.com/default.aspx#dwnld

Thanks again for reporting it, Nick!

Cheers,

Vadim

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology