HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Use authentication grid for parameterization Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

10/17/2022
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I am recording the scripts for MS Dynamics 365 (CRM), and I have a query about SS’s Authentication node.
In my previous project, I used SS to record the script for the CRM application. I added the CRM login details in the Authentication node, and the scripts worked. The scripts were able to pick the users from the list. But when I am trying the same now, the script does not pick the user login details and finally fails.
One of the options is to parameterize the user login details using CSV file (As we do for any other input hardcoded data. I hope it should work), but I just wanted to know if I can do anything to make that the login details would be picked up from Authentication node?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

10/17/2022
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
The Authentication section is used for server authentication (such as NTLM and Kerberos) as described https://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc54/_Authentication
If your application does not use server authentication but uses application authentication, then you will need to:
  • Create a credentials dataset
  • Populate the dataset by entering data, pasting data (from Excel), or importing a .csv file.
  • Find and parameterize the recorded credentials with the dataset.
  • All the steps are described https://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc54/_Authentication in the Application Authentication section.
As a side note, every organization that uses D365 can use different authentication procedures. In the previous project, the organization probably used server authentication. The current project probably uses application authentication. Unfortunately, in StresStimulus, you can’t use the Authentication section to parameterize application authentication.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology