Unique session ID per virtual user Messages in this topic - RSS

Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen

5/25/2011
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen
***Resolved***
Hi Vadim,

When I first request a page from the web site, ASP.NET sets a session ID. For the load test, it seems like all virtual users are using the same session ID. Can we add support for session ID handling?
0 link
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen

5/26/2011
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen
Hi Vadim,

Please move this to bug/issue forum. I need to test more regarding this. A related post was created here: http://www.stresstimulus.com/forum/setting-up-requests-with-different-sessionids-124. I ran a preliminary test and got this result: http://screencast.com/t/XHFLyUhqJGtC, which confirmed that SessionID is automatically handled in SS. I need to reproduce the case where I'm getting the same session ID for different users in SS and will post back here.

0 link
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen

5/26/2011
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen
I have no idea what's the difference, but I was able to reproduce the problem. The video is here: http://screencast.com/t/0xkgNRb0m0P. Can you tell me the criteria to which you will be replacing the session ID? Thank you.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/26/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

Hi Huong,

If looks like your first screencast did not expose issues with supporting ASP.NET sessions, but the second one did. Here are few thoughts:

In order to have StresStimulus to correctly support ASP.net sessions, the two conditions set forth below must be followed during recording and setting a test case.
    1. The test case should include the initial request that establishes an ASP.NET session during recording. This initial request, unlike all other subsequent requests, does not have the Session ID.
    2. The test case should be recorded from a single browser session, without closing and re-opening the browser between requests.

Noncompliance with these rules will cause 2 errors:

• Error 1 – If a test case does not include the initial request that has established an ASP.NET session, then the server will never establish a new session during the load test. Instead, it will think that the recorded Session ID is the correct one. The consequence of this error is that all virtual users will use the same recorded Session ID and StresStimulus autocorrelation algorithm will be suppressed.

• Error 2 – If one of the intermediate requests from a virtual user does not include a Session ID (this can happen is if during recording the browser was closed and re-opened), then the server will think that this is a new user and will issue a new Session ID. The consequence of this error is that one user will have more than one Session IDs.

Your second screencast exposed both of these errors. To further troubleshoot we need to see first 3 sessions in the test case.

I hope this information will make sense and will help you to troubleshoot as well.

I am taking a long weekend off and will continue looking into this next week.

Best,

-Vadim
0 link
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen

5/27/2011
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen
Hi Vadim, thank you for the explanation. I wrote some code to validate my SAZ file, according to the descriptions and my recording follows the requirements above. I did more troubleshooting and found out that if I change the host in CustomCode.js in OnBeforeRequest method, the autocorrelation algorithm is suppressed. I do find that when this happens, I would see 100% CPU utilization on the computer. I moved the host replacement algorithm to a more suitable place (so that it'll only replace the host in the template file), and the autocorrelation algorithm works again. Maybe you can take a look into it more, but so far, it seems to work for me now.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology