HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

The size of the request headers is too long Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

2/23/2021
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
We see this error in some of the web test playbacks when running load tests. <hr><p>HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.</p>
I have seen this in Visual Studio many times and assumed it is a VS bug where the test script appends cookies to the headers with every iteration but I was clearly wrong as we now see this with SS too.
Do you have any idea why this is happening on web test playback and how I can solve the issue in SS?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/23/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
It sounds like your server is returning a 400 error code because the request gets too large at some point. You mentioned that on every iteration new cookies get appended to the request, so after several iterations, the cookie header gets too large and the server rejects the request and returns a 400 error.

This is most likely happening because, on every login, your application adds new session cookies to requests. Then, during your load test, every VU logs-in on every iteration so the new session cookies are appended to the previous session cookies.
If this is the case, I can give you the following suggestions to avoid this situation.

• You can login, only on the first iteration. To do this, set the When to request the page or transaction property to On 1-st iteration as described http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc53/When+to+Request+the+Page

• 2. Another suggestion is to clear cookies from the previous iteration. In StresStimulus you can clear the cookies from the previous iteration by setting Cookie correlation scope property to None as described http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc53/Cookie+correlation

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology