Think you found a bug? Report it here.

ASP.NET Auth Cookie Doesn't Expire properly Messages in this topic - RSS

David
David

5/28/2012
David
David
***Resolved on 5/28/12***
I typed a full bug report but your site crashed...

Anyway- this cookie is cleared by ASP.NET calling Set-Cookie, setting the value to empty and expiry date to 1999. When the test runs, you can see the set-cookie expiry in fiddler, but the subsequent request from your tool re-sends the auth cookie.

PS we rename our forms auth cookie to something else, but that shouldn't matter- the engine should be correctly observing the expiry of the cookie?

FormsAuthentication.Signout() is the method called.

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/28/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi David,

You are correct. I see the exact  issue that you've described.  When StresStimulus receives a response with the cookie expiry date that is in the past, it stops to auto-correlate this cookie, instead of stopping to send it altogether . We fixed this bug and released the new build. Please install it from http://www.stresstimulus.com/default.aspx#dwnld

Let me know if it works correctly for you.

Also, as a token of our appreciation for helping to make StresStimulus better, I would like to forward you a StresStimulus Pro Unlim. VU weekly pass (this is not a trial). I will send the details in the private message.

Thanks David!
-Vadim

0 link
David
David

5/28/2012
David
David
Wow- great thanks.

We are evaluating your product at the moment so the quick turnaround as well as the license really helps with this smile

Will let you know if it helps.
0 link
David
David

5/29/2012
David
David
Confirmed this does indeed fix the cookie problem

we are getting some other issues- will raise new forum posts.

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/29/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi David,

Thanks for confirming the fix. I will mark this issue is resolved. Will check your other posts.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
Emil Kuriakose
Emil Kuriakose

9/14/2013
Emil Kuriakose
Emil Kuriakose
Hi David,

Scripts recorded using Fiddler (Version 4.4.5.3) and converted to StresStimulus script and it works fine until the application/web server is restarted…After the application/web server is restarted… previously recorded StresStimulus script does not work..How to resolve that?

Thanks,
Emil
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/14/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Emil,
I moved your question to a separate post and answer it here.
Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology