HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Multiple cookies lost? Messages in this topic - RSS

Oliver Weiler
Oliver Weiler

6/5/2015
Oliver Weiler
Oliver Weiler
I'm running v4.2.5625 of SressStimulus.  I correctly build extractors but when I try to put two extracted values into cookies like this:

{{extractedcookie1}},{{extractedcookie2}}

What shows up in the Test Case Tree pane is just

{{extractedcookie1}}

Is there a way to put two extracted values together into the cookie header parameter?
0 link
Oliver Weiler
Oliver Weiler

6/6/2015
Oliver Weiler
Oliver Weiler
After doing some packet sniffing, I found that the cookies (these are all session cookies) are indeed being passed through but I find it odd that they're not listed as an auto-correlated extractor/response even though I press the "show autocorrelation parameter details" toolbar button.  The reason why I'm interested in manipulating these cookies myself is because our app inserts a guid into our existing cookie via javascript.  When replayed under verification, that guid takes on the recorded value and I'd like to write an extractor to get that guid (the easy part), then generate my own session cookie that replaces the recorded value on the next request.
Is that possible with StressStimulus?
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/8/2015
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Oliver,
Yes it is possible.
While researching your question, we discovered that in some rare cases concatenating two extractors for cookie correlations did not work correctly. It is fixed now. Please download the latest version. Now you can concatenate any number of cookies separated by any text. 
This glitch affected only manual cookie correlation which is extremely rarely used,  as autocorrelation work properly. 
Cookie autocorrelation is the only autocorrelation that is hidden because it uses a trivial and always the same algorithm embedded into web browsers. Once you manually override it by a custom correlation, you will be able to see it in the test case tree as shown below.

Cheers,
-Max
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology