HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Test case not recording Messages in this topic - RSS

aphelps
aphelps

11/6/2017
aphelps
aphelps
I have tested StresStimulus locally and it works okay. I can record and replay test cases no problem.

Now I have installed StresStimulus on a VM so that I can load test a server array. The software installs okay.

When I try to record a test case the recorder panel is visible, but there are no steps being recorded and/or visible in the StresStimulus program.

Why would this be happening?

0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/6/2017
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
This looks like a system proxy issue on your VM. StresStimulus automatically changes system proxy settings so it can capture web traffic.

Troubleshooting steps are described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc47/Configuring+Proxy

Check the security settings on the VM to make sure you have permission to set the system proxy settings.

What version of StresStimulus are you using?

-Cheers
0 link
aphelps
aphelps

11/6/2017
aphelps
aphelps
Thanks for the feedback.
Just to confirm that I appear to have resolved the problem.
What I noticed was that the Test Recording worked no problem if I did it immediately after installation.
From this I wondered if the permissions for the first execution were inherited from the installation process.
So I closed the program and re-executed it using the Microsoft "Run As Administrator" feature.
Now the program appears to work okay.
Thanks for the prompt response.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/6/2017
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks for your update.

In v4.7 the recorder has an event log and proxy troubleshooter that detects misconfigurations and displays a message with troubleshooting steps that help to resolve situations like yours.

-Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology