Think you found a bug? Report it here.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Messages in this topic - RSS

DSF
DSF

8/23/2021
DSF
DSF
Hi,

Sometimes my test agents fail to talk to my SQL results repository timing out on connections.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.

I confirmed on all agents that I can ping the Host server and from my test controller I can connect with no problems to that DB.

Disabled F/W on the load agents so nothing is being blocked going out. Installed the SQLCMD utily to test the connections manually however that also times out.

What else can I troubleshoot and check to confirm connectivity between load agents and the SQL repository.

Thank you.

DSF.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/24/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
StresStimulus requires a fast connection to SQL Server during the entire test. Database connection management was improved in v5.4. Make sure the controller and all load agents use this version.

Another suggestion is to increase SQLCommand Timeout property to 60 as described here

- Cheers
0 link
DSF
DSF

8/24/2021
DSF
DSF
Controller is on version 5.4.7880 x64 CLR 4.0 but the Agents was still on 5.4 Beta. I upgraded the Agents and increased the SQL command timeout to 90 seconds although I doubt the problem is with that. Testing connection via SSMS from the agents to the results DB is snappy while testing via SQLCMD utility from the same agent fails.
Anyways will monitor with upgraded Agents.
Regards.
DSF.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology