Think you found a bug? Report it here.

StresStimulus v4.9.6883 - not responding, crashing Messages in this topic - RSS

michael.strange
michael.strange

10/5/2020
michael.strange
michael.strange
Hi StresStimulus Support,

When running stress stimulus v4.9.6883, the application occasionally crashes. The following dialog appear.

Can you please assist me with diagnosing and resolving this issue? Is there a way, i can enable logging to provide extra details?

Regards,
Michael
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

10/5/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
You are using StresStimulus v4.9 that is two versions behind our current version.

Subsequent releases include multiple fixes.

Install the current version 5.2 from here here and try again.

It will likely fix the issue.

- Cheers
0 link
Jesheena Kaur
Jesheena Kaur

7/14/2021
Jesheena Kaur
Jesheena Kaur
Hi George,

We have updated the StresStimulus to version 5.2.7550. Unfortunately, we are still experiencing the same issue. Sometimes it occurs once or twice a day, sometimes after 1 or 2 days.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Jesheena
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

7/16/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Jesheena,

This message is a general exception error in your v 5.2 instance that is now two versions behind the latest version, v 5.4.
It was likely already reported and fixed. Install v 5.4 and try again.

- Cheers
0 link
Jesheena Kaur
Jesheena Kaur

8/1/2021
Jesheena Kaur
Jesheena Kaur
Thanks George! I have updated the application to 5.4.7880 version, will monitor it and let you know if it crashes again.

Kind Regards,
Jesheena
0 link
Jesheena Kaur
Jesheena Kaur

8/4/2021
Jesheena Kaur
Jesheena Kaur
Good Morning George,

Even after updating the latest version available of StresStimulus, the system still crashes. It has been happening everyday with the new version since I updated 2 days ago.

We need the tool to be reliable as we are using it to record a few high priority applications performance for one of our big client.

Kind Regards,
Jesheena
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/5/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks for the update.

StresStimulus does not crash when running in a healthy system. The crashes indicate that there is some interference between your system with StresStimulus. For example, a misconfigured antivirus software can crash the Stresstimulus process.

You can analyze your Windows event logs to find a stack trace and find what is causing the interference. Alternatively, install StresStimulus on a newly created Windows VM or physical machine.

You can also contact your StresStimulus support rep so they can examine your test environment and recommend how to fix it.

We would not be able to assist you with this machine-specific issue on the public forum.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology