HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

StresStimulus recorder throws error Messages in this topic - RSS

alexdv
alexdv

12/23/2020
alexdv
alexdv
Application works fine but Stresstimulus recorder throws shows error on very first page. That error is from Microsoft CRM ( see snapshots attached 1) as our application uses CRM. Then on application itself error pops up (as part of application) and it mentions "Stresstimulus" word in it too. ( see snapshot 2). ...then I continue to record the application but the next page doesn open at all, so it's like StresStimulus didn't let me download.

So the question is why such issue is happening with StresStimulus recorder but manually applicaiton works fine?

Proxy settings are fine.

Your quick reqly would be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot.

0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/23/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
This error is thrown by your application under test D365, not by StresStimulus.

If you record in the browser private mode, then one possibility is that it does not fully support private mode. You can test it by using your application without StresStimulus recording with your browser launched in private mode. See this article for more on private mode recording.

If this is the case, then try recording in a normal mode. But it requires fully clearing your browser cache before the recording.

- Cheers
0 link
alexdv
alexdv

12/23/2020
alexdv
alexdv
My question is that Application works fine ..then how come StresStimulus gets the error? Do you have any explanation for that?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/28/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Most likely the issue is your application does not support private browsing. In order to fix it try recording your test case in StresStimulus is Normal mode as described here.

- Cheers
0 link
alexdv
alexdv

12/29/2020
alexdv
alexdv
I tried in Normal browser but still I get that error. Any idea why?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/29/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
It looks like your application throws an error when using a recording proxy.

You can troubleshoot if this issue is related to the StresStimulus recording proxy and that you need to use the Fiddler recording proxy instead.

To do so, close, StresStimulus and try accessing your web application with Fiddler capturing ON. If you do not see the application error, you can resolve the issue by recording your script using the StresStimulus Fiddler addon version described here.

If your application still gives you an error with Fiddler capturing ON even with StresStimulus closed, you may need additional configuration of the recording proxy.

- Cheers
0 link
alexdv
alexdv

12/30/2020
alexdv
alexdv
What kind of additional configuration you recommend on recording proxy?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/30/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Are you asking about the Fiddler recording proxy and does your application work with StresStimulus closed and Fiddler capturing?

- Cheers
0 link
alexdv
alexdv

1/2/2021
alexdv
alexdv
My application doesn't work properly with Fiddeler capturing on with Fiddler's default proxy setting and with StresStimulus close.

NOW what do you recommend to try?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/4/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
It looks like the problem you're experiencing is not limited to StresStimulus recording proxy as your application does not work with Fiddler capturing as well.

You likely have a specific/company proxy/security/application - related situation, as Fiddler capturing is supposed to work out-of-the-box.

Resolving such situations calls for our support staff to examine your test environment through a screen sharing session. You may want to contact your support rep.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology