HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

How to add new sessions to existing test case Messages in this topic - RSS

Bartosz Staniszewski
Bartosz Staniszewski

1/9/2013
Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to add new sessions to existing test case (not a new).
It seams that this is not possible if i load session saved earlier in .saz file. When i load such files, in context menu i can only "remove" these sessions from test case, even they are not in it.
To add them i have to reissue session and then i have possibility to add it to test. But my question is how to do this without this.

Regards, 
Bartek
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/9/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hello Bartek,
There are two rules of adding sessions to a test case:

1. You can add new sessions to a test case.

2. You cannot simply add the existing in the test case sessions, second time, but there is a workaround.

To put it into perspective:

• To use the rule 1: First, add the new sessions to the fiddler grid using one of the following methods: (a) capture browser requests, (b) open an existing .saz file, or (c) reissue existing session in fiddler. After that, drag-and-drop the new sessions into desired position in the test case tree.

• To use workaround for the rule 2: After you open a test case, the fiddler grid will display "existing" sessions that cannot be added again. However, if you clear the fiddler grid and from the fiddler menu open the saz file from the same test case, the sessions in the fiddler grid will be consider as "new". Therefore they can be added to the session again by dragging-and-dropping them into desired position in the test case tree. So by using this technique, you can add existing sessions without reissuing them.

In the next version we will provide an easier way to clone existing sessions.
Did I answer your question?

Cheers,
_Vadim

0 link
Bartosz Staniszewski
Bartosz Staniszewski

1/9/2013
Hello Vadim, 
could you describe (maybe with some screenshot) how it is possible to dragg-and-dropp any session to test case?

Regards,
Bartek
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/9/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Bartek,
Good point. I should've provided a screenshot. Here's the instruction:
1. Move the StresStimulus test case tree to the right, to expose the fiddler grid on the left. To do so,
 - click "Dock to StresStimulus on the right" on the test case tree toolbar on the left pane
or
 - click "Grid View – toggle to display the Fiddle Grid on the left pane" on the navigation tree toolbar on the middle  pane

As a result, the Fiddler Grid will be displayed on the left.

2. On the navigation tree, click the Test Case node to display the test case tree on the right

3. Select new sessions in the fiddler grid, drag-and-drop them to desire position. The red-line pointer will show you where the requests will be inserted.

4. Click OK to confirm.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
Bartosz Staniszewski
Bartosz Staniszewski

1/11/2013
Thank you!
For me key element was the first step :-)

Regards, 
Bartek
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology