HomeBUGS & ISSUES

Think you found a bug? Report it here.

Can no longer save to SQL server Messages in this topic - RSS

Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

5/23/2013
***Resolved after applying recommendations***
I cannot save to my SQL server from StresStimulus. After adding and "Checking" a SQL Server under "Result Storage", I get the error "Failed to connect to the database. Error Message: Incorrect syntax near '100'.

I have tried rerunning test where saving to SQL was working, tried creating a new database, restoring to a previous version of my database, and restarting my SQL server. I have not changed my SQL Server configuration.
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

5/23/2013
My first sentence is a bit unclear. The "Check" of the DB succeeds, and if I "Create" and DB, that succeeds too. The failure occurs when I try to run the test.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/24/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Brianna, 
Since load testing with SQL Server worked before, it must have changed something since that time. In order to troubleshoot, we need to set up a support session. 
I will forward a private link for scheduling a conference at a convenient time.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/28/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Here is a recap of this issue resolution. In the StresStimulus Pro Edition, when the full SQL Server is used, the test file name or the Test Run Name is used as a part of the table names. If these identifiers contain characters not permitted for use in SQL Server table names, the mentioned above error will occur. There are two workarounds available.

1. In the Test Configuration section, enter a "Test Run Name" consisting only characters permitted for SQL Server table names. To be safe, use only alpha-numeric characters. Spaces are OK since StresStimulus removes them.

2. If the "Test Run Name" is empty, then make sure that in the test file name, you use only permitted characters.

There's no need for these workarounds if you use SQL Server Compact Edition (default) as your data storage, or you have the Enterprise/Service Provider Editions.
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

5/28/2013
As Vadim mentioned, once I changed the test file name or Test Run Name, saving to SQL was successful. Note that you also cannot have a number as the first character of the test file name or Test Run Name: "TestCase20" is OK but "20thTestCase" is not.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology