HomeBUGS & ISSUES

Think you found a bug? Report it here.

Long tests (15+ hours) cause SS to throw unhandled exceptions Messages in this topic - RSS

Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

9/11/2013
***Resolved on 9/24/13***
Using  v3.0.4981 beta. I've been trying to run long tests (60+ hours) and almost every single test has had this error occur some time after the 15 hour mark:

The exception message was as follows:
System.ArgumentException: Destination array was not long enough. Check destIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
   at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.CopyTo(T[] array, Int32 arrayIndex)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at StresStimulus.Results.TestCasesGroupResult.AddVirtualUser(VirtualUser user)
   at StresStimulus.Results.TestCasesGroupResult.AddVirtualUsers(List`1 users)
   at StresStimulus.TestProgressDialog.updateTestCases(RuntimeResults results)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
If I click "Continue" fairly soon (about 20 minutes) after the error occurs, I think the test continues without issue --- I'm still waiting on my most recent test to complete, but the Dashboard  started updating again as soon as I clicked continue. However, if the issue occurs when I am away from the computer (say, in the middle of the night or over the weekend), the dashboard does not update after I click continue. Clicking abort will abort the test successfully. After examining my IIS logs, I think the test actually continues to send requests even when this error occurs, but the UI is not updating and I'm not sure if all the data is being taken.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology