HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Getting statistics on Ajax requests Messages in this topic - RSS

ter
ter

9/18/2014
ter
ter
Hello Vadim:
We are testing a single page application with lots of Ajax calls.
When I look at the reports I see useful statistics in the "Page Details", such as Min (s), Avg (s), Max (s) and others. The request details page shows Response (s), an average, but not a min and max.
Is there a way to obtain the same level of detail on the Ajax requests? These don't seem available under "Column Picker".
Thanks!
TER
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/19/2014
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Complete response time metrics is reported for pages and transactions. It includes Avg, Min, Median, Max, STD, 90%, 95% and 99%. In order to receive the same information for a request, you need to create a transaction, which includes just this request. Creating transactions is described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc40/_Transactions
edited by admin on 12/29/2016
0 link
ter
ter

9/19/2014
ter
ter
I assume this is on the Enterprise version? The Transactions & Loops toolbar appears disabled on my version. I am running the Pro version 4.0.5365 beta.
In our single page application, there is a single page request followed by hundreds of Ajax calls simulating a user interacting with the application. Creating transactions manually may not be practical. Maybe an option to auto-add a transaction on each Ajax request would be useful?
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/19/2014
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Correct. Transactions are available in the Enterprise Edition.
You can quickly create multiple transactions using scripting as follows:
1. Create one transaction manually.
2. Click Script Editor and in the <Transactions> section find the element defining this transaction.

3.  To create additional transactions, replicate the transaction script line, varying attributes Name, StartSession and EndSession.
4. Save the script

Does this make sense?

0 link
ter
ter

9/22/2014
ter
ter
Sounds like we will need to purchase the Enterprise Edition to test out the practicality of this solution. Thanks.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology