HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Stress Testing - Low requests/sec Messages in this topic - RSS

KurtLJMU
KurtLJMU

5/18/2021
KurtLJMU
KurtLJMU
Hi,

I am running some stress testing on a web portal. However I am experiencing some inconsistent behaviour with how StressStim is generating requests.

Initially I was able to successfully generate approx. 3.5 requests per second with 50 VU's. This caused the expected errors we were trying to recreate however since then it seems StressStim is not generating requests at the necessary speed its now about 0.5 requests a second with the same test and number of VU's.

I've tried multiple settings but nothing seems to be making the required change. I have recreated this test in JMeter and that is also generating far more requests with the same number of users in the same time frame.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/19/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
You can increase the request rate by minimizing:
You can also increase the request rate by increasing the number of VUs. Just keep in mind that with a large number of VUs, the load engine can overload your machine, so you may need to use more load agents.

However, you cannot control your server’s performance. StresStimulus emulates physical browsers that send subsequent requests after receiving previous responses from the server. Because of that, the request per second depends on your server's ability to return responses.

Regarding comparison with JMeter: before comparing two test results, you need to have all critical settings identical. For example:
  • Request concurrency should be the same. You can change request concurrency in StresStimulus as described here
  • Make sure that the correlation in JMeter is correct and the transactions are executed correctly. Failing transactions are executed faster and can create the impression of a higher hit rate.

Also, if you noticed that the request rate was higher some time ago and got lower now, analyze changes in the script, your environment, and the application between these two moments.
You can contact your support rep to examine your test result that exposes the intricacy of factors impacting request rate and settings that should be adjusted.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology