HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Some clarifications on test result Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

8/3/2019
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I’ve spent some time this week playing around with SS and ran some good tests within ZenDesk. I’d like to just ask for some overall guidance though on some of the results

Noted below is a comparison report between running the test between 20 vs 200 VU’s

Can you provide some indication as to why the transaction time between them is so large? Say for example, the view ticket transaction?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/3/2019
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
It is not unusual that when a web application gets overloaded, the response times spike up. There is a possibility that your application can't handle 200 concurrent users. Therefore the response time is high.

I suggest to run multiple tests and compare the results. For example, run 20 VU, 50 VU, 100 VU, 150 VU, and 200 VU. Then determine the VU level when the response time starts spiking.

One thing you can try is increasing think time between pages and transactions that are described http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc50/Think+Time
By default, think the time is 2 seconds, but I recommend increasing it. For example, make is random between 8-10 seconds.

Think time should be in line with the end-user click rate. If it is too short, then you are unjustifiably overloading your server.

Generally, providing comprehensive performance analysis via emails is difficult as it requires reviewing multiple test results using in StresStimulus performance analyzer. I just shared some basic thoughts that you can check first
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology