HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Schedule a test Messages in this topic - RSS

gholtzhausen
gholtzhausen

6/12/2013
gholtzhausen
gholtzhausen
Hi
Has anyone been successful in scheduling a test via the task scheduler?
I have tried manually in command prompt to kick of the test to run, which it does not.
Fiddler opens with StresStimulus and the created test case, but the test case does not automatically run.
I am not able to get the [/quiet] switch working in my command line...
My command line is:
Fiddler2\StresStimulus\filename.ssconfig

I have followed the following details provided. (http://www.stresstimulus.com/blog/post/v09-release-part-3-more)
. Command line and scheduling.Launch a load test from command line;
Fiddler.exe /SS [/quiet ] <File.ssconfig>
where:
File.ssconfigis a StresStimulus test configuration file. Specify a full path or the default directory
/Fiddler/StresStimulus will be used.
/quietis a switch to run Fiddler in quiet mode.
To schedule a load test, add the same command line to a task scheduler.
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

6/12/2013
I was having the same issue, (http://www.stresstimulus.com/forum/command-line-does-not-run-test-after-loading-it-389) and and in my case the problem turned out to be that v2.8 requires an Enterprise level license to run from command line.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/12/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
It looks like the /quite flag support broke in the last Fiddler version.  We will follow up with Eric Lawrence to see if it can be addressed.  
As a workaround, run the same command line without /quiet as follows 
Fiddler.exe /ss <File.ssconfig>.  
The only side effect of this is that StresStimulus will run the test while Fiddler is not minimized.  If you need to minimize Fiddler to tray, hit Ctrl+M in Fiddler. 
In a few weeks we will launch StresStimulus 3.0 beta that along with the add-on version will also have a standalone version which will have no dependency on what Fiddler version is installed.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/12/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
@Brianna. You are right. Enterprise Version is required for command line, and in addition, quite flag should not be used for now.
0 link
gholtzhausen
gholtzhausen

6/13/2013
gholtzhausen
gholtzhausen
Thanks for the feedback.
I am currently using a trial version and would probably not have all the features available.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/13/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
@gholtzhausen if you have a registered trial version with a serial number, then you should be able to schedule. Let me know if you still have issues.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology