HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Populating Querystring from a Dataset Messages in this topic - RSS

Sandesh Kumar
Sandesh Kumar

4/20/2011
Sandesh Kumar
Sandesh Kumar
Hello,
First of all thanks for the great product..I need some assistance with a test i am trying to perform.I have a web page which has a unique session identifier passed on as a query string value. I captured the traffic using fiddler. Listed the session identifiers in a csv file to be used as a data source. While using the stressstimulus, i noticed i am unable to sett he query string from Dataset (instead i do see that i can set the request body - Ex: __EventTarget/__EventArgument etc). How do we set the querystring?

thanks
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

4/20/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Sandesh,

Thanks for complimenting StresStimulus.
It seems that you need to parameterize an ASP.NET webform that sends a POST request and also passes some of the parameters through a query string. StresStimulus supports parameterization of a query strings in GET requests, and parameterization of web form fields in POST requests. What is  missing is a support of parameterization of a query string in POST requests. Thanks to your question I see the need for this feature and we will develop it for the next release.

I will quote a part of this thread in Suggestions & Feature Requests forum under title "Parameterization of a POST request with a query string", since it will affect the next release featurewise.  Please feel free to follow it in either forum, and thanks for pointing out the need.

-Cheers

Vadim
0 link
Karthik Ram
Karthik Ram

5/2/2011
Karthik Ram
Karthik Ram
Vadim,
 this is an amazing tool and I love it. I have the same problem. What would it take to fast track this one? Can I help with the code / testing anything?

Cheers
Karthik
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/2/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your note. This item is already in development, and we'll shoot to release it next week. I  will make sure to drop you a note then. I appreciate you offering to test and please post if you find any issues, etc.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/10/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
This feature was released today (check this blog).

Cheers,

-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology