HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

performance test of document-uploading steps Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

8/5/2023
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
There is a document-uploading step in my UI performance test (not an API performance test). I could use a unique test doc under a unique path/folder to be uploaded in all virtual users and iterations running. My tests will be scheduled to run on the test agent(s) hosted on the Azure cloud.

So, my question is whether I need to copy the test doc to the unique path/folder of the test agent(s) and then use a fixed or parametrized file-path/folder in my test script? Thanks.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/5/2023
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Upload files in StresStimulus is described https://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc58/Uploading+Files.
There are two ways to identify test docs to upload in a dataset:
· The full path of the file (ex. c:\myfolder\Document001.pdf). You have to copy the test docs to each load generator and place them in the same location as the controller. This is not recommended for distributed tests.
· The local path of the file if the file is stored in the local DataFiles directory (ex. \Authorized\Document001.pdf) if the path is in <test directory>\DataFiles\Authorized\Document001.pdf). You don’t have to copy the test docs; they will be copied automatically when the test starts. This is the preferred method for distributed tests
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology