HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Password hash key is not generated a dynamic val Messages in this topic - RSS

amzadkhan.test@gmail.com
amzadkhan.test@gmail.com

11/8/2017
I have recorded a simple login screen and open a home page using valid credentials.
Sessions ID's all are captured by Password was unable to capture which is hashed after submit.

Any help on this?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/8/2017
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
If I understand correctly, during login into your web application, the browser submits a hash of the password. If this is the case then StresStimulus will record the hash of the recorded password and it should work during test playback.

If you wish to parameterize the username/password credentials to emulate multiple different logins, then you can create a dataset (http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc47/Creating+Datasets) with username and password fields and in the password field insert the password hash instead of the password.

Also, if you know the hashing algorithm that is used, you can create a scriptable variable as described http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc47/Scriptable+Variables

-Cheers
0 link
amzadkhan.test@gmail.com
amzadkhan.test@gmail.com

11/8/2017
No luck...

Can we connect to fix this?
0 link
amzadkhan.test@gmail.com
amzadkhan.test@gmail.com

11/8/2017
All the Dynamic values are getting added but Username is properly recorded . in the same step if password field also there but it is hashed. when i run the step it fails in the same step. which step do i need to provide password actual value post that it is converted as hash code for every login.

one step ahead to finish one script?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

11/8/2017
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
I privately emailed you a link for scheduling a support session where our staff will complete your test configuration.

-Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology