HomeSUGGESTIONS & FEATURE REQUESTS

Recommend a feature for future StresStimulus versions.

401 Unauthorized Issue Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

5/5/2011
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
***NTLM Authentication is Completed in v1.0 Augusts Update***
Posted by Charles Pettitt on May 4, 2011 at 8:24pm 

I'm getting a 401 response to all my requests during a test with StresStimulus.  I'm running under Windows in an active directory domain.   Does StresStimulus have any issues with authorization?

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/5/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Charles,  

StresStimulus supports authorization. What version of IIS and what type of authentication do you use? 

Without knowing your specifics, here are general thoughts on troubleshooting:

Make sure that the original sessions from browser that are captured by Fiddler and used to set the test case, have response code 200 (with the exception of the first one, which should be  401).  Click on Test Case and click Run Test Case Once. Compare requests generated by StresStimulus with the original request.  Original Fiddler requests have Authorization header with credentials encoded by the browser, which server authenticated. StresStimulus should replay these requests without changing using the same Authorization header’s credentials and, therefore, server should authenticate them as well. 
Let me know what you discovered so I can look into this further.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
Charles Pettitt
Charles Pettitt

5/5/2011
Charles Pettitt
Charles Pettitt

Vadim,
Thanks for the quick reponse.  IIS is version 6 and authentication is NTLM. The following are a few screen shots of what I am getting when I setup and try to run the test.

First screenshot - Fiddler Captured sessions

Second Screenshot - All 401s after "Run Test Case Once"

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Best regards,
Charles

Vadim Kleyzit said:
Charles,  

StresStimulus supports authorization. What version of IIS and what type of authentication do you use? 

Without knowing your specifics, here are general thoughts on troubleshooting:

Make sure that the original sessions from browser that are captured by Fiddler and used to set the test case, have response code 200 (with the exception of the first one, which should be  401).  Click on Test Case and click Run Test Case Once. Compare requests generated by StresStimulus with the original request.  Original Fiddler requests have Authorization header with credentials encoded by the browser, which server authenticated. StresStimulus should replay these requests without changing using the same Authorization header’s credentials and, therefore, server should authenticate them as well. 
Let me know what you discovered so I can look into this further.

Cheers,
-Vadim

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/6/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Charles, 

StresStimulus does not support NTLM as of now. Basic authentication should work.  I may be able to give you more updates on this topic as soon as next week.

Thanks for sharing the need.
Best,

-Vadim
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/17/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Charles,

I wanted to let you know that support for NTLM authentication is added in the v1.0 Augusts Update released today.

Thanks for your thought!

-Vadim
0 link
Charles Pettitt
Charles Pettitt

8/21/2011
Charles Pettitt
Charles Pettitt
Vadim,
Thanks for your efforts to provide NTLM suuport.  I'll give it at try next week and post an update. 
Best regards,
Charles
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/23/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Charles,

Thanks for taking time to try the NTLM authentication. Please make sure that you use the latest update v1.0.4250.

Best,
-Vadim

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology