HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Not getting the results I expect Messages in this topic - RSS

D Rain
D Rain

7/4/2013
D Rain
D Rain
First off, I have no knowledge in this area at all, so I may be using StressStimulus incorrectly.  My requirement is basic, does the  new version of the software perform as well as the old.
Testing a new version of vendors ASP .net web app via IE.  When I visually run the new version in IE against the old version, the new version takes twice as long to display all the contents.
To gauge the difference, I decide to use StressStimulus but it always gives me the result that the new version performs better.
Example: Run record and open one URL I want to test and then stop once it finishes loading.  Fiddler lists about 900 requests.  I run a steady load, VU of 3, test duration of 5 mins, wait for response and warm up at 1 sec.  Run the test.  I close FIddler down, do teh same again with old version.  The new version processes 550 iteration and the old version processes 60 in 5 mins.
I make a change to Test duration of number of iteration per Vo to 5 and run and the new version runs in les taht half the time
Why is it the case when i compare manually in IE I can perform 10 operations (button click etc)  in old version before I can perform 5 operations in the new yet teh stresStimulus has it teh other way around?
Any help will be appreciated.

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology