HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Multiple-Server Authentication in Same Script Messages in this topic - RSS

PreetiTester
PreetiTester

7/8/2020
PreetiTester
PreetiTester
Hi Stress Stimulus Team

I have a scenario where -

i have to Login with SALES role >> do some stuff >> Logout
and Login Again as PRICER Role >> Do some stuff >> Logout

I want to handle both these Roles login in a single Script . Both of these logins are Server Authentication.
How can i handle 2 server authentications in same Script. As currently i see _Auth.csv support one row per VU.
Any Suggestions ?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

7/8/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Every VU represents a physical user. Typically, a physical user has one server authentication credential set per host. If the SALES role and PRICER role log in to different hosts then you can make the Server Authentication credentials host-specific as described here.

If your application would use application authentication, then you could have 2 credentials datasets to parametrize SALES role credentials and PRICER role credentials separately.

-Cheers
0 link
PreetiTester
PreetiTester

7/9/2020
PreetiTester
PreetiTester
I have same Host for both the SALES and PRICER server authentication as it is same application being used but with different Roles.Any Way to handle server authentication via C# in stress stimulus ?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

7/9/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
One possible workaround is to add another hostname to the application. Then access the application as PRICER role using the other hostname. After that, you should be able to use the host-specific credentials.

You may contact your support rep and provide more information about your "one-user/two sets of credentials" situation and based on that some other workarounds could be found.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology