HomeSUGGESTIONS & FEATURE REQUESTS

Recommend a feature for future StresStimulus versions.

Test duration and test case module Messages in this topic - RSS

Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

4/4/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
***Completed***
Below I re-posted a feature request from another discussion in "Support Questions" forum:

Seenivasan said:
Hi Vadim,
Thanks.
I have couple of queries regarding stresstimulus load test configuration.
Is there any possibility to set the test duration for more than 999 secs?
Can we create module subset within the testcase (For the feature, to run login/logout once and sessions between login/logout multiple times without iterating the entire testcase )?

Regards
Seenivasan.M

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

4/4/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Seenivasan,

We will increase the test duration in the next release. We released a new version today and the next one will be available later this months.

On your second questions about module subset within the testcase. Can you provide an example how this feature is implemented in other load testing tools? I wanted to make sure that, as we looking into it, we have enough information.

Cheers,
-Vadim

0 link
Seenivasan
Seenivasan

4/6/2011
Seenivasan
Seenivasan
Hi Vadim,

This is feature like "Loop Controller" in Jmeter tool. This feature is used to iterate the particular set of sessions in a testcase.

Regards

-Seenivasan.M
Vadim Kleyzit said:
Hi Seenivasan,

We will increase the test duration in the next release. We released a new version today and the next one will be available later this months.

On your second questions about module subset within the testcase. Can you provide an example how this feature is implemented in other load testing tools? I wanted to make sure that, as we looking into it, we have enough information.

Cheers,
-Vadim

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

4/6/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks, Seenivasan. I will take a look.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

4/7/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Seenivasan,

In today's release we increased load test duration cap to one hour. StresStimulus keeps all load test sessions in memory. We want to avoid using too much memory or crashing during long tests, and therefore need to research how long tests will affect StresStimulus stability.  If you need to perform tests longer than 1 h and will give me a sense what duration would be sufficient, I will use this information while looking further into the test duration increase.

Cheers,
-Vadim
Seenivasan said:

Hi Vadim,
Thanks.
I have couple of queries regarding stresstimulus load test configuration.
Is there any possibility to set the test duration for more than 999 secs?
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology