HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Modifying Traffic: Data forwarding Messages in this topic - RSS

Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen

5/13/2011
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen
How do I parse the response for a request and send the value on to another request? I'm testing this operation: Create a topic to a discussion, then reply to that created topic. The request to create topic should give me a topic id, then I want to pass that topic id to the reply function. Is there a way to do this in StresStimulus? If not, will this feature be added in StresStimulus? I'm thinking this is how you handle viewstates, right?
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/14/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
You bet. We use autocorrelation, which is carrying over a value from a response into the subsequent postback. It is hard-coded for _ViewState. We will add custom autocorrelation, where you can specify which fields to correlate. Parsing will be done automatically, so no coding would require. You would only need to enter  topic id field name. 

Would this work for your case?
0 link
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen

5/14/2011
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen
I believe so. That sounds like what I wanted. I just want to make sure that specifying which fields to correlate will be in a global location so that it can be reused between tests and if one have to re-record, this wouldn't need to be re-configured, and one wouldn't have to navigate to individual requests to do this. Regex functionality here is desired also. Can't wait for this feature either!

By the way, is there a way to do this right now using custom code? It won't be as robust, but I would like to do some hard-coding like the way you do for viewstates to get rid of the HTTP 500 error I'm seeing. Another question is: when should I expect this to be implemented?
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/16/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Huong,

On your first question, it should be possible, but not that straight forward. StresStimulus API handling VU session (sequence of request and responses) is not public. Using fiddler API is tricky because after capturing response you need to map it to the subsequent request of the same user. To get StresStimulus user from the response use this code:

AutoTamperResponseAfter()

{

String user = oSession.oFlags["x-ProcessInfo"]; //The string "User XXX", where XXX is a user number

// Parse response and store the information for changing subsequent request for this user

}

To get StresStimulus user before the request is sent use this code:

AutoTamperRequestBefore()

{

String user = oSession.oFlags["x-ProcessInfo"];

// Retrieve the information for this user and changing the request

}

On your second question, once we complete features with already committed deadline we will start looking into custom parameterization. This is as specific as I can be.

Cheers,

-Vadim
0 link
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen

5/17/2011
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen
Hi Vadim, thank you for your help. I will take a look at this once I've figured out the problems with the current load test.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology