HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Merge scripts and reuse auto-correlation. Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

6/12/2021
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
Suppose I try to merge login of one script to another script or in current working script I add content of another script. Certain parameters were correlated in previous script and there same things are required to be correlated with new script values. How do I do that?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/12/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
It sounds like you want to copy the new login Transaction from one script to another and then auto-correlate all login tokens from the login transaction to the old script.
Autocorrelation works on session token values found in the recorded requests and responses. Since the new login was recorded on a different user session, its tokens will not match other tokens in the test case. Therefore autocorrelation will not work.
In this case, you would need to try correlating manually.

As an additional comment: If you are replacing the login transaction because your application's security changed and the old login script is no longer compatible with the server, some other consequences could come up. The other transactions in the scripts recorded with the previous login schema may often become incompatible with the server, as the new security schema can impact the script beyond the login. In such situations, the manual correlation may not work either, and you would need to re-record the entire script.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology