HomeBUGS & ISSUES

Think you found a bug? Report it here.

Long tests (15+ hours) cause SS to throw unhandled exceptions Messages in this topic - RSS

Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

9/11/2013
***Resolved on 9/24/13***
Using  v3.0.4981 beta. I've been trying to run long tests (60+ hours) and almost every single test has had this error occur some time after the 15 hour mark:

The exception message was as follows:
System.ArgumentException: Destination array was not long enough. Check destIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
   at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.CopyTo(T[] array, Int32 arrayIndex)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at StresStimulus.Results.TestCasesGroupResult.AddVirtualUser(VirtualUser user)
   at StresStimulus.Results.TestCasesGroupResult.AddVirtualUsers(List`1 users)
   at StresStimulus.TestProgressDialog.updateTestCases(RuntimeResults results)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
If I click "Continue" fairly soon (about 20 minutes) after the error occurs, I think the test continues without issue --- I'm still waiting on my most recent test to complete, but the Dashboard  started updating again as soon as I clicked continue. However, if the issue occurs when I am away from the computer (say, in the middle of the night or over the weekend), the dashboard does not update after I click continue. Clicking abort will abort the test successfully. After examining my IIS logs, I think the test actually continues to send requests even when this error occurs, but the UI is not updating and I'm not sure if all the data is being taken.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/12/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hello Brianna,

Thanks for reporting the issue with long tests. We made an improvement and released a new build today (3.0.5003) that should address this non-critical exception.

Please post back if it will reappear.
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

9/12/2013
Thanks for the update to handle the exception; I will try the new version on my next long test.

I wanted to let you know that after looking at the same long-running test this morning, I'm not sure that the issue with the Dashboard stopping updating is the same as the issue with the exception. The dashboard was working correctly yesterday after I clicking "Continue", but this morning, it's updating really slowly (I haven't been able to catch it changing, but I've seen the all the numbers change that should be when I check back after a few minuteS). Furthermore, the time and percent complete disagree: it says 18 hours and 58% complete, but the test was scheduled to run for 72 hours --- the percentage is correct, but the time is off. I'm not sure about the graphs, but requests are still being issued, and the Key Indicator table is still updating.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/12/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
This all make sense. This exception was related to the dashboard update. So yesterday after clicking "continue", the dashboard seemingly worked fine, its state was compromised. As your test continued to run around-the-clock, it became more obvious. The graphs and test results should be fine.
I suggest trying the new version when you will have a chance to run a load test.
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

9/13/2013
I've reach 26 hours, and it's still running fine smile

However, the timer doesn't seem built to handle tests > 24 hours, as it now reads 02:32:50 instead of 26:32:50.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/13/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks for posting that the exception no longer there.
Next week we will fix the timer to reflect multi-day tests.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/24/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Update: We released a new version where the timer reflects multi-day tests.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology