HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Load testing database Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

12/9/2011
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I'm new to Load testing.    One part we really want to hit is how our website performs when it has to do a lot of database requests.    Is there a way to do that in StresStimulus?  

From looking at the steps I recorded it really is only worried about the given page address and loading that.

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/9/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
StresStimulus tests how your website will perform under the expected production load. Your database performance will be factored into the StresStimulus metrics. If database responses will slow down operation of your website under load, then StresStimulus graphs and reports will reflect that.

Furthermore, if your database is SQL Server or other database that exposes Windows performance counters, then you can add relevant database performance counters. After that, StresStimulus will monitor how ramping up virtual users impacts specific aspects of your database performance.  This will help you to identify bottlenecks that should be optimized. To do that, in the Test Configurations –> Other Options -> click Select Performance Counters and add your database server counters you need, as shown on the screenshot below.

So answer to your question is yes. You just need to make sure that your test scenario includes navigation through the pages that are causing these database requests.
0 link
raph
raph

9/8/2022
raph
raph
Hi, How do I get to the screen "Select Performance Counter"?
I would like to test Database performance with stresstimulus and wondering if its possible?

I don't have the same screen as your! This is what I have:
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/8/2022
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
To add Database performance monitors, first, add the Database machine to a performance graph as described here. If the machine is on a different network as your StresStimulus controller you need to install PerfMon Agent as described here. Finally, you can add any performance counters as described here.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology