HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Load test Silverlight on 64-bit machine Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

3/23/2012
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I am trying to record a test case of a Silverlight  application. If I browse to the starting page of the application during the recording session I can only see the banner with "To view this content, please install Microsoft Silverlight". I tried to change the browser type to different values but I still have the same result. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using IE 9 with Microsoft Silverlight 4  on Vista 64-bit.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

3/23/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Update: In v 2.8 this limitation was removed and all version of Silverlight are supported now on 64-bit machines.

Let me explain what is happening here.

64-bit machines have two Internet Explorers: IE 32-bit  and IE 64-bit. StresStimulus recorder uses  IE 64-bit. However your machine does not have Silverlight 64-bit add-on.   In fact,  it does not exist on for versions earlier than Silverlight 5. Your machine has only Silverlight-4 32-bit, so apparently you cannot use StresStimulus recorder for Silverlight-4 on 64-bit machines for now.

As a workaround you can create a test case without the recorder. The recorder helps to avoid mistakes in capturing a test case by adding some automation,  but you can do the same manually if you're following these rules:

before the recording:                   
-          open a new browser instance;
-          clear browser cache;
-          clear all unrelated sessions in Fiddler.

during the recording:
-          make sure that the initial portion of the test case, including a login process or initial requests establishing a browser session, are captured;
-          navigate through your application;  make sure that no unnecessary browser tabs are opened;
-          make sure that no unrelated traffic from other browsers or applications is captured.  Delete any unrelated sessions from the Fiddler grid before setting a test case. You can determine these unwanted sessions from other applications by checking the Process column in the fiddler grid. You do not need to delete any sessions from your browser, except those that are triggered by browser add-ons (e.g. Google toolbar).

After fiddler  captured your test scenario, click Set All Sessions to set the test case.

Once the test case is set, the load testing works pretty much the same as with HTML pages.

Another workaround obviously, is to use for testing a 32-bit machine.

Once we develop a 32-bit recorder on 64-bit systems, none of the workarounds will be necessary.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology