HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Installing more RAM => Invalidated license? Messages in this topic - RSS

dylan p
dylan p

5/14/2012
dylan p
dylan p
Will installing more ram on my StresStimulus 1.2 pro machine invalidate the fiddler license?
For some software, installing more ram => different hardware fingerprint => invalid license. This is not the case with StresStimulus 1.2 pro, right?

Thank you!
Dylan
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/15/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Dylan,
StresStimulus Pro license certainly will not be invalidated by upgrading the RAM. Actually, you can change any computer hardware or software configuration, and you can still preserve the StresStimulus license. Here's how:
StresStimulus online activated license is portable and can be moved to a different machine with previous de-activation. If you are concerned that it is tied to any hardware / software characteristics, then deactivate it before the upgrade, and re-activate after the upgrade.This pretty much guarantees that the license will be unaffected.
Just out of curiosity, why are you still on v1.2? It is pretty archaic. Every StresStimulus license comes with a 12-month free upgrade. It means that as of now, all licenses are entitled for free upgrades, since StresStimulus is younger than 12 months (hard to believe). We just released v1.7, today. The upgrade is free and v1.7 is MUCH better.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
dylan p
dylan p

5/18/2012
dylan p
dylan p
Hi Vadim,
I took your advice and upgraded to 1.7. It's awesome! And I'm glad I took your advice, but I have a followup question.
in 1.2 I used to take the iteration string from oSession["ui-ss-iu"], and the user id from oSession.oFlags["x-ProcessInfo"]; but I cant find them now. Where are they?
Cheers,
Dylan

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/18/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Dylan,
This was changed back in v1.5 to make access to the session data more granular. Instead of “ui-ss-iu” and “x-processinfo” flags here are the 3 new flags:

• To get the VU number use flag x-ws-vu

• To get the iteration number use flag x-ws-iter

• To get the request number use flag x-ws-url

To access the flags, use  oSession["<flag_name>"]  or  oSession.oFlags["<flag_name>"]   syntax.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
dylan p
dylan p

5/18/2012
dylan p
dylan p
Cool, got my tests up and running. Thanks Vadim!
0 link
dylan p
dylan p

5/23/2012
dylan p
dylan p
Hey Vadim,
I'm seeing some new memory issues that I wasn't seeing before in 1.2. SS uses up all of my system's memory and my tests stop after a few minutes, this happens regardless of whether or not I have Capture enabled while I'm running my test. 
Any troubleshooting ideas?
Dylan

Vadim Kleyzit said:
Hi Dylan,
This was changed back in v1.5 to make access to the session data more granular. Instead of “ui-ss-iu” and “x-processinfo” flags here are the 3 new flags:

• To get the VU number use flag x-ws-vu

• To get the iteration number use flag x-ws-iter

• To get the request number use flag x-ws-url

To access the flags, use  oSession["<flag_name>"]  or  oSession.oFlags["<flag_name>"]   syntax.

Cheers,
-Vadim

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/23/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Dylan,
Did you change your custom script? If yes, I suggest to disable it, if possible, just for the purpose of checking memory use.If this will fix the memory issue, check the script.
-Vadim

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology