HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

How to use StresStimulus day-to-day Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

10/27/2017
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I used the product for a few days and I like what I see. However, I’m not sure if it offers any value beyond a periodic or as-needed use case. Can you tell me how this product is used day-to-day?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

10/27/2017
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Let say that your website works great now. Unfortunately, the response time is not constant. He are some factors that can impact it:

• the website changes or added functionality and new releases
• usage variations, such as seasonal, peak hours and special events (we have several University customers whose websites are sensitive to events like class registration, application process, etc.)
• the ongoing growth of databases, files, and other resources
• other applications and functionality added to the same hardware

To address the potential detrimental impact on performance, we recommend the following approach: Record a baseline performance test with typical user scenarios. Run it and store the result. After that, re-run this test in the following situations:
• periodic run (monthly or quarterly);
• before releasing significant changes;
• before anticipated elevated-traffic events;
• when you receive a performance-related complaint;
• when you feel like performance must be checked

Run the test comparison report to compare the current KPI with the baseline. If some transactions or pages expose slowness, retest them more thoroughly to discover an address bottlenecks. If the performance is still good, enjoy the peace of mind.

In all your future tests you want to stick to the same tool to establish the correct base of comparison.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology