HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

How to send requests sequentially? Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

5/21/2013
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I am evaluating the free version of StresStimulus for a project I'm working on. I'm trying to do performance testing on the syncing of an android application to the server.  I have recorded the process using Fiddler 2.4.+.  It resulted in 20 multipart/form data posts to the server.
I moved over those 20 sessions to a test case in StresStimulus.  But when I attempt to execute that test case it sends all 20 of the sessions concurrently.  They are all a part of the same test case, I set up a pause between each page, and tried grouping them as a transaction, but every time it sends them concurrently.  Am I missing a something?

MattH
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/21/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Matt,

Your requests are sent together because StresStimulus thinks that they are resources of a single page.

In order to ensure that the requests are sent sequentially, you need to mark them as Primary. Inside Fiddler grid, select all 20 requests, right click, and in the StresStimulus Commands menu, select "Mark Selected Sessions as Primary". After that StresStimulus will treat them as separate subsequent pages that must be requested sequentially.
Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology