HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

How to Pass variable from 1 suite to another Suite Messages in this topic - RSS

sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18

7/11/2019
sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18
Hi,

I have a scenario where i have created a Login functionality as a X suite and now i have created another Y suite for Booking Scenario.
My problem is in X suite i have a variable called CSRF token, how can i pass the same CSRF token in Y suite?

Note :In Y suite i don't have any login functionality
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

7/11/2019
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
It looks like you have 2 test cases. Test case X performs a login and Test case Y performs an operation after login (a booking in your scenario). What you are trying to do is create a Test case group and run Test case X and Test case Y sequentially. Your issue is that you are trying to pass a CSRF Token (a login token) extracted from Test case X to Test case Y.

In this design, you will have challenges of correctly breaking down (as originally they were recorded together) and passing the CSRF Token (a login token) extracted from Test case X to Test case Y.

What you would have to do instead is create one Test case Z that has both login and booking.

If you wish that each VU will only login one time and then perform multiple bookings then you can set the When to request the page or transaction of the login transaction to On 1-st iteration as described here.

Alternatively, you can create a Loop around the Create Booking transaction as described here.

-Cheers
0 link
sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18

7/12/2019
sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18
Thanks!!
0 link
sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18

7/12/2019
sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18
I have another scenario regarding the multiple user login. I have seen the video for multiple logins, where the user details are read from authentication.
As per the video states to parameter the user name and password as Vu-Bound. As shown below

i have done the same in the scripts,But while executing the scripts i could see only the 1st user gets logged in but not the rest users. I tried with VU-Iter-Bound too but still its the same.
0 link
sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18

7/12/2019
sudeeshkumar18
sudeeshkumar18
Sorry its working fine. You can ignore the above question. Thanks for resolving
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

7/12/2019
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
One more suggestion.

If you need to further break down the booking scenario, you can use nested transactions. The parent transaction will be the entire booking scenario and each step in the booking process can be a sub-transaction. This will enable you to receive a subreport with detailed performance metrics for each step in the booking process as well as the booking process as a whole.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology