HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

How to monitor the performance? Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

12/29/2019
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
I want to monitor the performance of the platform, carrying out a variety of common operations, over a long period of time (weeks ideally): log on and perform a series of test transactions once every ten minutes over the course of several weeks or indefinitely, so I can review the statistics and see whether performance is stable across the day and week, or varies. I also want to be able to spot long term trends such as operations which are getting incrementally slower over a period of months. How to accomplish that with StresStimulus?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/29/2019
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
While StresStimulus is not specifically designed for application performance monitoring, many users use it that way.

StresStimulus has a robust command-line interface described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc50/Automation
Using the CLI, you can launch a preconfigured test, specify where to store or email the test performance report and receive a return code about passing or failing the test.
You can launch the test from a scheduler (let's say every 10 minutes) or from any CIS system (Jenkins, SimCity, TFS, etc.)

Another option is to start a series of extended test (with multi-day duration) with, let’s say, 10-minute pause between iterations.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology