HomeSUGGESTIONS & FEATURE REQUESTS

Recommend a feature for future StresStimulus versions.

Select counters from computer Messages in this topic - RSS

Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel

5/19/2011
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel
***Complete in v.0.9***
Vadim,

I am trying to select another computer from the window Select Performance Counter, but when I change to the option Select counters from computer, I cannot. I display the combo and the only machine that I can see is the local one.
Am I doing something wrong? I want to monitor the server but I cannot see the network to select it.

Cheers,

Patricia
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/19/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Patricia,

This issue is confirmed. I moved this post to Suggestions & Feature Requests forum.  Will post here when selecting counters from the web server on the network will work.

Thanks,

-Vadim

0 link
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel

6/14/2011
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel
Vadim,

I have installed the alpha and was trying to set counters for monitoring the server but i cannot. Did you implement this feature in this new version?
Regards,

Patricia

Vadim Kleyzit said:
Patricia,

This issue is confirmed. I moved this post to Suggestions & Feature Requests forum.  Will post here when selecting counters from the web server on the network will work.

Thanks,

-Vadim

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/14/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Patricia,

Your server name may not show-up in the drop-down, depending on your windows network settings. Can you type the server name or, even better, its IP address in the drop-down to see if its performance counters will appear on the graph?

Thanks,
-Vadim
0 link
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel

6/14/2011
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel
Yes, it works! But using IP address. First I entered the name of the machine and with the format that Performance monitor from Windows uses, like: \\PC_NAME.  But it did not work.
And a little detail: after entering the IP addres, the app hangs a few seconds, showing up a message "Not responding". But then, it recovers and continues working.
I will try now to run a test using this new feature.
Regards,

Patricia

Vadim Kleyzit said:
Patricia,

Your server name may not show-up in the drop-down, depending on your windows network settings. Can you type the server name or, even better, its IP address in the drop-down to see if its performance counters will appear on the graph?

Thanks,
-Vadim
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/14/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks for the update! The computer name should be just PC_NAME without two back-slashes. I will include the examples in the Help Boxes.

-Vadim
0 link
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel

6/14/2011
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel
Ok, I have finished the execution of the test. It is great! Really really great! :-) 
The only problem I have is when I try to export the data to the CSV file. It is very strange because it works fine in my server with Windows Server 2008 R2, but when I use Stresstimulus on a Win 7, the CSV file is not displaying the data in the right way. I have the problem with the comma used as a decimal separator. I don't know why it behaves so strange... In Win Server, it saves the file with the point as decimal separator, but in Win 7 it has a mess because it uses the coma.
I will check my regional settings in both machines, if I can find the issue there.
Regards,

Patricia

Vadim Kleyzit said:
Thanks for the update! The computer name should be just PC_NAME without two back-slashes. I will include the examples in the Help Boxes.

-Vadim

0 link
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel

6/14/2011
Patricia Coronel
Patricia Coronel
OK, I checked my regional settings and there was the problem. Maybe it would be nice to have this as a tip in the documentation.
Now I have all the data properly displayed and I can design a lot of reports with these metrics.
This feature is a great value, exporting data, because you can report everything you want. And it is a matter of usability. Without this feature, before this, I had to use another tool, Perfmon, and then join the info to create my reports. Now I have everything in your tool!
CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS! :-)
I am loving this tool smile
Regards.

Patricia

Patricia said:
Ok, I have finished the execution of the test. It is great! Really really great! :-) 
The only problem I have is when I try to export the data to the CSV file. It is very strange because it works fine in my server with Windows Server 2008 R2, but when I use Stresstimulus on a Win 7, the CSV file is not displaying the data in the right way. I have the problem with the comma used as a decimal separator. I don't know why it behaves so strange... In Win Server, it saves the file with the point as decimal separator, but in Win 7 it has a mess because it uses the coma.
I will check my regional settings in both machines, if I can find the issue there.
Regards,

Patricia

Vadim Kleyzit said:

-Vadim

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/14/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks for taking time to test, Patricia. I am making notes on all your comments. I especially like the one about the regional settings, when the decimal point and comma can be switched around, and this affects .csv files.

Best,
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology