HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Host remaping Messages in this topic - RSS

alexdv
alexdv

1/6/2021
alexdv
alexdv
I set up the host remapping as written on the site but still requets are going to old server ..why? isn't it a stable functionality of StresStimulus?

Do you think provinding ip and port is more stable than writing website/environement URLs?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/6/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Host remapping feature is described here and works with no issues.

You only need to specify a new port if you need to change the recorded port.

Some users make the mistake of switching around the target and the recorded host.

- Cheers
0 link
alexdv
alexdv

1/8/2021
alexdv
alexdv
As you can see, I remapped/checked the scripts to new server ( which is stg...) but still they went to qa....
Can you please help me resolve this issue?
Looks like if any URL is not functioning , it will go to grab that URL from other environment.

0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/11/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
The requests are sent to the remapped host. This grid shows the recorded host by design.

It displays the recorded host and path to make it easier for a user to link the error to the test case tree, which also shows the recorded host path.

To find out the detailed error information, right-click on the grid and select Show Sessions.

The replayed sessions will appear on the session grid on the left. It displays the playback host and path. You can double-click it to see the replayed request/response body,

- Cheers
0 link
alexdv
alexdv

1/12/2021
alexdv
alexdv
I checked sessions and opened requests and those to goes to remapped hosts. ..then why shows old host on above snapshot?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/13/2021
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Here is the answer to your question from my previous post:
It displays the recorded host and path to make it easier for a user to link the error to the test case tree, which also shows the recorded host path.

But you're making a good point that displaying the remap host makes sense. I posted this feature in the SUGGESTIONS & FEATURE REQUESTS forum here.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology