Think you found a bug? Report it here.

out-of-memory exception and crash Messages in this topic - RSS

Javier
Javier

1/12/2012
Javier
Javier
***Resolved in v.1.5 beta update on 1/19/12***
I'm running a stress test on a local intranet, when going around 67%  it throws an out of memory error, stalls for a while unresponsive and closes fiddler completely. It happens every time.
I read about the code needed to be added in OnPeekAtResponseHeaders but cant find the place it needs to be added.
Help please?
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/12/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Javier,

OnPeekAtResponseHeaders allows to purge response bodies to increase Fiddler capacity.  StresStimulus is already purging the bodies, so this will not help.

We are working on fixing this issue that can occur in large tests. The fix will be released next week. This coming upgrade will increase StresStimulus's capacity of handling large tests by 1-2 orders of magnitude, while using the same hardware.

This error is characteristics to 32-bit machines, so if you have an option to use 64-bit machines, it may be a temporary workaround while we fix the exception.

I will let you know as soon as the new version with the fix is released.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Cheers,

-Vadim
0 link
Javier
Javier

1/18/2012
Javier
Javier
Thanks Vadim, unfortunately I have to finish this test by today. I tried to install the program in a 64-bit machine, and now the installer states "iexplore" has to be closed, regarless no other application is running!
It just hangs there, unresponsive and have to go to task manager to end the task to get out of it. It happens on both 1.2 and 1.5 beta. The computer is Windows 7 64 bit with nothing running other than the installer itself.
I would appreciate your help.

Javier

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/18/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Javier,

It looks like the issue you described happens when the installer tries to close IE to install the recorder add-in.
I suggest to close IE manually and continue with the installation.

As I said, the version with embedded SQL server and substantially increased load test capacity will be released this week.

Cheers,
-Vadim

0 link
Javier
Javier

1/18/2012
Javier
Javier
Thanks Vadim, the problem is that IE is not even open!! I clode IE before running the installer, and still shows like it's running.
Let me know what to do.
Javier
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/18/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Javier,

Check if there are other users (local or remote) logged in to this machine. By default, the task manager does not show if there is an IE process launched by another  user.

There must be a check box to show all processes. Check it and kill IExplorer.exe

Chers,

-Vadim
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/19/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Javier,

Wanted to let you know that we just released the StresStimulus v1.5 update with capacity for handling large tests increased by 1-2 orders of magnitude. It is available here.

The “what’s new” blog with a benchmarking example is posted here

You should no longer see the out of memory exceptions on 32-bit machines.

Cheers,

-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology