HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Extractor value usage in other test Messages in this topic - RSS

tanveerkhan
tanveerkhan

4/9/2019
tanveerkhan
tanveerkhan
Hi Team,
Will it be possible to use an extractor which is part of test 1 in test 2.
I have two test cases saved as two different test. In test 2 I have imported test 1 under which i have created an extractor from the response. This value is required to be pass in another request which is under test 2.
I tried to use the parametrization format ( {{extratorname}} ) and kept the test case sequence properly. But the request having parametrization is not replacing the value from the extractor.
Can you please help me to understand if this is feasible. Can we be able to configure such scenario?
Regards
Tanveer
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

4/10/2019
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
This is possible in v5.0 if you create a test case group (TC Group) and each VU will run test case 1 (TC1) and test case 2 (TC2) sequentially.

Once you create a TC Group here are the steps to pass an extractor from TC1 to TC2.
  • Create an appropriate extractor in TC1. Call it Ext1.
  • Create a dummy extractor in Session #1 in TC2 that won’t return a value. Call it Ext1 also. For example, the extractor will be text delimited, begins with ‘aaaaaaaaa’ and ends with ‘bbbbbbbbbbbb’.
  • Create the appropriate parameter using Ext1 in TC2.

When you run the test the value of Ext1 will be passed on to a parameter in TC2.

Hope this helps.
0 link
sachpatel
sachpatel

6/4/2020
sachpatel
sachpatel
Hi George,

I am a new user of SS. I have implemented the below steps for two test cases using SS v5.2. Can you let me know how I can verify whether the extraction from test case 1 appears as expected in test case 2 please? Thank you.

Regards,

Sachin

George @StresStimulus wrote:
This is possible in v5.0 if you create a test case group (TC Group) and each VU will run test case 1 (TC1) and test case 2 (TC2) sequentially.

Once you create a TC Group here are the steps to pass an extractor from TC1 to TC2.
  • Create an appropriate extractor in TC1. Call it Ext1.
  • Create a dummy extractor in Session #1 in TC2 that won’t return a value. Call it Ext1 also. For example, the extractor will be text delimited, begins with ‘aaaaaaaaa’ and ends with ‘bbbbbbbbbbbb’.
  • Create the appropriate parameter using Ext1 in TC2.

When you run the test the value of Ext1 will be passed on to a parameter in TC2.

Hope this helps.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/5/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hello Sachin,

StresStimulus v5.2 has better support for passing extractors from one test case to another. See the detailed steps that are described here.

After that, you can verify your test case group as described on the bottom on the page here.

Finally, to see if your extractor was created correctly and properly used as a parameter, see here.

- Cheers
+1 link
essudheer
essudheer

8/26/2020
essudheer
essudheer
Hi George ,

In the scripted var's sessions is there a way where we can pass the extracted values from another script which all are linked ? I tried but getting null values .

Thanks,
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/31/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
This feature was developed in v 5.3. Public beta will be out next month.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology