HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Enterprise installer Messages in this topic - RSS

andykn
andykn

7/31/2020
andykn
andykn
Hi, when I wanted to install StresStimulus 5.0 in a silent unattended mode using SCCM someone on here was able to provide me with a CMD install package that supported this. is there one available for 5.2 please?

TIA.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

7/31/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
The new installer can be downloaded here.

- Cheers
0 link
andykn
andykn

8/6/2020
andykn
andykn
Hi, thanks for that. Is there a command line switch to make it integrate with Fiddler 5?
0 link
andykn
andykn

8/6/2020
andykn
andykn
Ignore that, looks like the Fiddler install wasn't right and the StresStimulus installer couldn't find it, a reinstall of Fiddler cured that.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/7/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
As an update to this post:

There is no option in the StresStimulus command line installer to install Fiddler, as it has its own installer. Fiddler can be silently installed using the /s switch as described here

-Cheers
0 link
andykn
andykn

8/20/2020
andykn
andykn
George @StresStimulus wrote:
As an update to this post:

There is no option in the StresStimulus command line installer to install Fiddler, as it has its own installer. Fiddler can be silently installed using the /s switch as described here

-Cheers

Hi George

Thanks for that, I've got Fiddler 5 to install silently to C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler (using /S /D=C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler) but when I run the StresStimulusInstaller_cmd.exe you kindly supplied manually it does not recognise that Fiddler is installed. If I run that installer silently (-n /q) it doesn't copy the StresStimulus.dll to c:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler\Scripts. Is there anything I'm missing?
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

8/21/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
StresStimulus silent installer is designed to install StresStimulus on load agents that typically do not need Fiddler addon. Therefore it does not install it.

To use the silent installer that works with fiddler installed on that machine, one additional step is required: StresStimulus.dll located in StresStimulus installation directory has to be copied to the Fiddler\Scripts directory

To make it work in batch mode, execute the copy command:

copy "%programfiles(x86)%\Stimulus Technology\StresStimulus\StresStimulus.dll" "%LocalAppData%\Programs\Fiddler\Scripts"

This will enable StresStimulus Fiddler addon.

- Cheers
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology