HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

csv parameterization question Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

2/22/2012
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
Hi .. 
I am working on parametrization of a test case for register functionality. When I bind csv file through request displays column, some columns are missing like:
In the register page I have columns: first name, last name, password, confirm password. The password and confirm password fields for the bind are missing. Moreover, when I check at database end for the field stored in excel sheet, and none of the record from excel sheet save in the database. ????

Shelja
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/22/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Shelja,

There are a couple ways how I can understand your question.

1. The issue is in the Test Case –> Parameterization –> Data Source section where after adding a csv data source, the grid does not display all columns from the CSV file. In this case, the issue is with your CSV file. Make sure that the commas separate every field, even if the value is "blank". Saving Excel worksheet as csv file should take care of this.

2. The issue is in the Test Case –> Parameterization –> Requests section, where after selecting your register page the grid does not display all web form fields. In this case, the issue is with your Post request. To troubleshoot, make sure that this request displays all fields in the fiddler's WebForms inspector.

3. The issue is that after running the test case, your backend database does not contain expected records. In this case, make sure you set up the parameterization correctly. To troubleshoot, run "verify" test case and then check if all values from the CSV file are included into the requests.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology